A Happier Home Dog Pros
Terms of Service
A Happier Home Dog Pros
Terms of Service
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your use of the A Happier Home Dog Pros website, content, products and other Services offered by A Happier Home Dog Pros.. A Happier Home Dog Pros (“AHHDOG”, “Company”, “we” or “us”) provides dog walking (“Walking”), training (“Training”) & poop scooping (“Scooping” or “Poop Scooping”) Services (“Services” or “Appointment”). “Owner” refers to you as the pet’s owner and a user of these Services. Employees and subcontractors of AHHDOG are referred to as “Team Member”.
A Dog Information Sheet must be completed by the Owner prior to Service (for each dog) so that we may provide the best care possible.
Whereas the Owner wishes to engage AHHDOG and AHHDOG agrees to undertake the Services under the terms and provisions defined in this Contract, as well as the forms mentioned, all of which shall become part of this Contract.
1) Relationship and Responsibilities: It is expressly understood that the Owner retains the Services of AHHDOG as an independent Contractor and not as an employee. AHHDOG shall be responsible for his/her insurance and all statutory declarations and payments with regard to income tax where applicable. AHHDOG undertakes to perform the agreed-upon Services in an attentive, reliable and caring manner, and the Owner undertakes to provide all necessary information to assist in this performance. The Owner will provide safe and proper harnesses, collars and non-retractable leashes as approved by AHHDOG. AHHDOG reserves the right to adjust Appointment times due to extremely hot, cold, wet or inclement weather. The Owner agrees to provide all treats, food, water, toys, medications and any other items necessary for using AHHDOG Services. Team Members have the sole and absolute discretion to reject or refuse any Service that you may request if the Service violates any law or regulation, is dangerous or unsafe or otherwise violates these Terms.
Team Members have the right to refuse a Service that involves any of the following:
• a retractable leash
• a chain collar
• a prong collar
• an electronic collar
Which can each be dangerous for dogs and Team Members alike and may present a safety hazard.
2) Compensation: Once you request a pet care Service, you agree to pay AHHDOG the agreed-to price immediately upon receipt of the invoice and honor the other terms of such booking. You may elect to cancel your request for Services from AHHDOG at any time prior to AHHDOG’s arrival, in which case you are subject to a cancellation fee.
The fees owed to AHHDOG are not inclusive of tip or gratuity for the Team Member. While you are free to provide gratuity to any Team Member who provides you with Services obtained through AHHDOG, you are under no obligation to do so.
3) Payment: AHHDOG currently accepts payment via Apple Pay, PayPal or cash or check only. Major credit cards are accepted through Paypal. Checks are to be made out to A Happier Home Dog Pros.
4) Refunds and Cancellations: Refunds and Cancellations are subject to the following:
Cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to any scheduled Service will be charged the full price of the Service. Cancellations made more than 24 hours prior to any scheduled Service will be refunded in full.
All requests for refunds or credits will be reviewed by AHHDOG management and may take up to 7 days. Cancellations must be made, in writing, via email to email@example.com.
5) Duration: This Contract shall become effective immediately for any Owner that uses AHHDOG Services. Either party may terminate this Contract with a minimum of 24 (twenty four) hours notice prior to the scheduled visit without incurring penalties or damages. If a specific Team Member of AHHDOG cannot perform the Service at a scheduled date or time, then AHHDOG may assign a substitute Team Member. Should any dog become aggressive or dangerous, AHHDOG may terminate this Contract with immediate effect. Any wrongful or misleading information provided by the Owner may constitute a breach of terms of this Contract and be grounds for instant termination thereof. Termination under the circumstances described above shall not entitle the Owner to any refunds or relief of any outstanding payments due.
6) Liability: The Owner shall be liable for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to AHHDOG or a Team Member, caused by the dog, as well as damage to the Owner’s or other persons’ pets or property. AHHDOG is released from all liability related to transporting dog(s) to and from any veterinary clinic or kennel, the medical treatment of the dog(s) and the expense thereof.
7) Indemnification: The parties agree to indemnify and hold harmless each other as well as respective employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims arising from either party’s willful or negligent conduct.
8) Emergencies: In the event of an emergency, AHHDOG shall contact the Owner at the numbers provided to confirm the Owner’s choice of action. If the Owner cannot be reached, AHHDOG is authorized to either: (1) transport the dog(s) to the listed veterinarian, (2) request on-site treatment from a veterinarian, or (3) transport the dog(s) to an emergency clinic if the previous two options are not feasible. Owner agrees to reimburse AHHDOG for all expenses incurred up to a limit of $500 immediately upon notification of expenses. AHHDOG advises that Owner set up a billing or charge account with the listed veterinarian with a specific charge limit.
9) Security: AHHDOG warrants to keep safe and confidential all keys, remote control entry devices, access codes and personal information of the Owner and to return same to the Owner at the end of the Contract period or immediately upon demand. If the Owner requests AHHDOG to return any keys or remote control devices in person, a $25 fee applies. If the Owner requests AHHDOG to return any keys or remote control devices via USPS Priority mail, a $10 fee, in addition to the cost of postage applies.
10) Access: If a key is required for AHHDOG to perform any Services, Owner agrees to provide one working copy to AHHDOG at the start of contract period. If an access code or remote control device is required for AHHDOG to perform any Services, Owner also agrees to provide AHHDOG with required code and/or device.
11) Discrimination Policy: AHHDOG does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of breed, race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of Services.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
12) Consent to Photo and Video Activities: As a Pet Owner, you understand and agree that AHHDOG may take pictures, videos, and other forms of recorded media of your pet during the course of providing services to you. You further understand and agree that AHHDOG Team Members may post, upload, share, store, or otherwise provide any such pictures, videos, or other forms of recorded media to AHHDOG through AHHDOG’s website, social media accounts, their own social media, the Internet or otherwise. You understand and agree that such recorded media may be used not only to provide information to you as part of our services, but also to assist AHHDOG in quality control, safety, and promotional and marketing activities. You agree that you have no right, title, or other ownership interest to or in such pictures, videos, or other forms of recorded media, and that the use of such media, including the posting or display of such media, is within AHHDOG and Team Member’s sole discretion. AHHDOG hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to copy and use pictures, videos and other forms of recorded media of your pet that are made available by AHHDOG, solely for non-commercial purposes (e.g., posting a photo on your social media accounts).
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms and will not affect the enforceability of any other provisions. The failure by us to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not prevent us from enforcing such right or provision in the future. We may freely assign our rights and obligations under these Terms, including in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets or equity, or by operation of law. You may not assign any rights or obligations under these Terms without the prior written consent of AHHDOG and any purported assignment in violation of this provision shall be null and void.